Saturday, May 10, 2008

Summer Salad


I've kinda been 'off' cooking for a few months. Between moving and all the new stuff that has happened lately, I just haven't had the time to do that. Lee and I eat late and I look forward to our evenings together, but sometimes we fill them with movies and friends and walking--it ends up that cooking is the last option. I'm really determined to get back into it this summer, plus I've started the 'Happy In the Kitchen' Club and since I'm hosting the first one, I've got to do the main course. Why couldn't I do the appetizer??!! They are always much tastier and more interesting to concoct. I did find the time to make a salad that I think I'll make again. Mixed greens, strawberries, chicken, gorgonzola, tomato and avacado--very tasty and it's even seasonal right now.

Mother's Day is tomorrow and we are headed to Salty's on Alki with all the Mom's. I even got a Mom's Day card myself for being a God Mom! We are planning on working out in the morning, then getting eye exams, then having dinner with the family--if all goes accordingly. Things are always changing around here. Well, I'm off to watch a movie with my man--have a wonderful Mother's Day to all you Mother's!

No comments:

Post a Comment