Sunday, May 4, 2008

Better Late Than Never





I know, I know, I've been back from Maui for a while and still haven't blogged. People are noticing, both a nice surprise and a bit of guilt on my part have surfaced. What can I say? Life is truly busy, and in a good way. Vacation was wonderful and I came home ready for the onslaught of what the next couple of months will bring. It's about this time every year that I remember all the things I want to do in the summer and how there simply isn't enough time to do them all--summer just isn't long enough in Seattle. I've decided I'd like to start doing some anti-social things in the evenings since Lee and I are like the social King and Queen of Seattle, or it seems like that sometimes. I'd like to go to the gym or go for a walk. I'd like to cook more, especially from my new 'Happy In The Kitchen' Cookbook. I'd like to do more volunteering, or walks for good causes. I'd like to hit some of the farmers markets in the evenings. I'd like to take more baths. And I'd really like to grow herbs and veggies, and become more of a gardener.

Speaking of gardening, with the help of Lee's Mom and my own, I've started doing some things in our yard. I know nothing about plants and I have a black thumb, but I look like I really know what I'm doing now that we've moved into a house that is completely landscaped--it even has a sprinkler system. So every day is a new surprise in the garden. Most of the plants I've never seen and I've got flowers popping up everywhere. This sudden beauty really gives me the inspiration to keep it going and I've even decided to attempt a veggie and herb garden, something I've always wanted to do. I took pictures of our yard and all the things that are blooming, it's so pretty.

We've also been a on a Mexican binge this week and have gone to two local restaurants, Taqueria Tequila and El Chupacabra. They are both authentic and tasty, especially the margaritas at El Chupacabra. You should definitely try them if you are in our neighborhood--order the carnitas or carne asada tacos at both places, yumm. Tonight is also the last Gypsy dinner and we decided to go at the last minute. I'm grateful that with every ending, there is a new beginning just around the corner, so I'm not too sad about this. We have great memories of friends and food and drinks at many Gypsy's, and we will have great ones in the future as well. There we go, being all social again.

2 comments:

  1. 'Bout time. As much as I like Hula Dancers, I was getting tired of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, so to answer your question about formating, when you upload the picture it asks you if you want to center, right align or left align it. you can select small, medium or large image size. sometimes when i select large the text won't wrap around the picture very well. so after you upload the picture, you can hit 'enter' until your text is underneath the picture, then type. sometimes it takes a couple tries. sometimes it puts too many in, and it doesn't always go where i want it to go. sometimes you need to go into html edit and put breaks in manually. it is hard to explain here, but a good website for basic html is www.htmlgoodies.com.
    hope that helps!
    and your yard is beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete