Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Chicken with Wild Mushroom and Herb Pasta


I writing to say that today I have done nothing but been a complete homebody. This kind of day is extremely rare and I can't tell you the last time I got to spend my day like this. I made myself iced Victrola coffee this morning, went for a long walk down Phinney Ave, walked to the store to pick up items for dinner, surfed the net, trimmed all my hedges outside, weeded, made homemade yogurt, harvested my veggies from the garden, washed them and stored them, read a book and made dinner for Lee and I that had lots of stuff from my garden.

At this point I'm normally still out with Lee and friends, dining out or doing something with them all, and I come home later and get a few things done and pass out. It's 8:30 and I don't know what to do! I guess I could watch a movie. Or take a bath. You know what?? I'm going to do something totally self indulgent and unnecessary and make myself a Facebook profile while drinking a glass of wine. I do have to get up way too early tomorrow morning to bring the car in for an oil change, so maybe I'll get to bed before midnight as well. I'll let you know when I get my new Facebook profile and then I'll have yet one more place to display my life for everyone to see. This is what happens when people are bored. They spend too much time online and get a Facebook profile. Geez, I can't believe this is happening to me. I'm becoming one of 'those' people. Hehe.

Dinner tonight was my first that had many garden ingredients--my onions, thyme, parsley. Morels and lobster mushrooms from the market. Local free range chicken and summer squash. I've worked out a sweet deal with my friend and neighbor, April, to trade a pedicure for her wonderful bounty coming from her garden, which is significantly larger than mine. She's even got chickens!

I'm enjoying this quietness and time to do the things I rarely get to do. This weekend will be packed full of dinner with friends out in Woodinville at Il Capretto D'Oro, my godchild's 2nd birthday bbq, Nine Inch Nails concert at Key Arena and working extra hours on Sunday. Monday I've got a cooking class focused on duck and peaches, yummmm.

3 comments:

  1. first off, YUM.
    secondly, don't forget to look me up on facebook!
    oh wait, i think you just did :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is the first time I've gotten pinged by another blog. Awww.

    I still think i got the better end of the deal. :) I better get cracking on those fava bean ravioli.

    ReplyDelete