Wednesday, February 27, 2008

One Step Closer


I'm exhausted. We signed all the closing paperwork today for our home. I think it was the longest day I've had in recent memory. I'd like to think I handle stress well, but not really so much on this one--not when I'm at work and overbooked and trying to get calls made and papers faxed all at the same time. When it came down to the last few hours before closing, I had many people calling in their 'calm' voices who obviously knew that I was freaking a bit. I'm so glad it's over and tomorrow is a new day. I'm also incredibly grateful for our new home and the fact that we actually got the place!! Thanks to all those that made it possible.

Tonight was Lee and my first class of yoga and after not eating all day and just getting home, we decided to skip it. I made a pact that we must go next week, no matter what! We bought those damn yoga pants, Lee, we are going! I think you can tell how hungry, relieved and stuffed we were by how many Blue C plates we went through. It's supposedly cheap eats when you get a couple of $2 plates of sushi, but we managed to inhale enough for a $60 bill. I think we might need to start that yoga first thing in the morning.

I'm still in that in-between mood, not quite here and not quite there. It's contentment-which my Mom always told me was a good thing to feel, but when you're so used to being extremely busy and not having any down time, it's kind of a weird new way to feel and I'm not sure what to do with it. I think I'm supposed to enjoy it? I'll try my best, but I feel like I need to do something. It's like I can't sit still. Oh well, I'm happy and I do sleep like a baby. Nite, don't let the bed bugs bite!

1 comment:

  1. It's official. Congrats to you both! Can't wait to see your new place.

    ReplyDelete